st: RE: aweights and cook's distance

From   "William Buchanan" <william@williambuchanan.net>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: aweights and cook's distance
Date   Fri, 3 Aug 2012 08:03:56 -0700

Hi Jason,

It might also be helpful to provide an example of your model and/or more
detailed information regarding the weights to get a better response from the
list.  If you can provide some output (of course without any information
that would be related to any students/faculty/staff in DoDEA) that could
also yield some more useful information for soliciting feedback.

HTH,
Billy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Boim, Jason L.
Mr. CIV OSD/DoDEA
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2012 7:58 AM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: aweights and cook's distance

Hi All,

I am working with a weighted regression using analytic weights and wanted to
use cook's distance to check for influential points. It occurred to me that
the points with more weight would inherently be more influential and as such
was wondering if cook's distance could still be used.

Thank you for your consideration,

Jason