Re: st: IV vs 2SLS

From   Suryadipta Roy <>
Subject   Re: st: IV vs 2SLS
Date   Fri, 3 Aug 2012 00:08:47 -0400

Hello Shikha,

You have already received some wonderful suggestions. Going back to
your question, preferably use -ivreg2- or -ivregress- to keep your
life simple (otherwise, you would need to correct for the standard
errors). These commands allow you to perform a series of diagnostic
tests in order to test for the strength of your instruments. In this
regard, I have found the following searches to be extremely useful (my
current Stata version 11.2) -findit ivreg2- or -findit ivregress- .
Also, I have learnt a lot by reading these two papers on the subject
(by no means an exhaustive list) :

Best wishes,