Re: st: Comparing coefficients across sub-samples

From   Clive Nicholas <>
Subject   Re: st: Comparing coefficients across sub-samples
Date   Wed, 1 Aug 2012 05:43:23 +0100

Lisa Marie Yarnell replied to James Fitzgerald:

> Here are rules that I have:
> Standardized regression coefficients:
> * Keith’s (2006) rules for effects on school learning: .05 = too small to be considered meaningful, .above .05 = small but meaningful effect, .10 = moderate effect, .25 = large effect.
> * Cohen’s (1988) rules of thumb: .10 = small, .30 = medium, >  (or equal to) .50 = large

Full references please, as per Statalist FAQ. I'm certainly not about
to bust my unmentionables finding out what they are.

Clive Nicholas

<>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson