st: RE: ivreg2 & endogenity

Subject   st: RE: ivreg2 & endogenity
Date   Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:07:04 +0100

Ozgur,

You can do either - it's up to you.  In the first case, your null is that both x4 and x5 are exogenous.  In the second case, you are doing two separate tests; in one, the null is that x4 is exogenous; in the other, the null is that x5 is exogenous.

It's analogous to testing the coeffs on, say, x1 and x2.  You can test that they are jointly 0, or you can do separate tests of whether one or the other is 0.

HTH,
Mark

Heriot-Watt University is the Sunday Times
Scottish University of the Year 2011-2012

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.