st: sts test on pweight-ed data

From   Adam Olszewski <>
Subject   st: sts test on pweight-ed data
Date   Tue, 31 Jul 2012 00:06:08 -0400

Dear list,
I am performing a survival analysis on a pweighted dataset. I am
trying to test a variable which does not hold a PH assumption, so the
Cox PH model (without time-varying covariate at least) does not hold.
On the other hand, standard logrank test is also not feasible. Stata
uses a "Cox" variation of the test.
My question is - can such a test be relied on in a setting of PH
assumption violation? My experience is that the result is basically
the same P-value as from a "flat" univariate -stcox- command.
I understand there are other options (regression with tvc), but I
would like a simple non-parametric test to compare the survival
function without worrying about the model assumption.
Adam Olszewski