st: Extension of Bivariate Probit

From   Ayman Farahat <>
Subject   st: Extension of Bivariate Probit
Date   Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:19:30 -0700

I am working on a modeling whether adopting a certain marketing scheme can lead to a firm's failure.
The firm has one of n+1 marketing option, where the first n represents the marketing choices and the "n+1" option represents not taking any action. I can model these decisions using a other exogenous covariate.

After adopting any of the "n+1" marketing options, the firm can fail or survive. I can again model the business failure using exogenous covariates.

I want to know whether the two outcomes (choice of marketing AND failure are related). If i only had one marketing decision, i could have used bivariate probit.
is there an extension of the Bivariate  probit to the case where one of the dependent variables is categorical (not binary and not ordinal)?