Re: Re: st: problem with marginal effect after running a logit regression

From   Rieza Soelaeman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: problem with marginal effect after running a logit regression
Date   Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:56:25 -0500

Also, if you use the atmeans, the estimation sets the other variables
at the ***mean value*** for that variable.  If your variables range
from 0 to 1, the mean value is the proportion of people in your
dataset having that characteristic.

Supposing in your dataset tabbing educational categories as:

Educ          n        pct
Low            100      .25
Medium       200      .50
High            100      .25

For the estimation, Stata will use 0.50 for mstudymid and 0.25 for
mstudyhigh.  How do we interpret what that average characteristic
"means" (no pun intended)?

RHS