st: Statistics

From   Wendy Alfaro <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Statistics
Date   Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:03:18 -0600

Dear Statalist member:

I am working on my thesis proposal regarding breastfeeding in the
workplace.

I will be collecting data from three three different groups. I will be
interviewing women (probabilistic sample) and then asking them to provide a
name to build the other two groups (convenience sample). Groups to obtain
data from: 1. working mothers; 2. managers; 3. other employee working in
the same office/workspace or sharing responsibilities with the nursing
woman.

Working mothers sample will be obtained from a database provided by a HR
department in the academic setting I am working at. Then I will ask the
mothers in the sample to recommend their immediate manager name and also
the closest employee working with her (example: sharing office).

Hypothesis: Is workplace support influencing the breastfeeding intention
and also the breastfeeding duration?

Variables: sociodemographic, manager support, colleagues support,
institutional policies, etc.

Questionnaires: I will be sending a separate self-administered
questionnaire to the groups. One designed for women (it was already
validated). Managers and colleagues will be receiving another one.

What is the best approach to integrate the three sets of data into one
analysis? Is the proposed sampling ok?

Thank you in advance,

--
Wendy Alfaro Chaves