Re: st: tscollap - converting monthly data to annual averages

From   David Ashcraft <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: tscollap - converting monthly data to annual averages
Date   Thu, 26 Jul 2012 23:43:06 -0700 (PDT)

Nick: I got my mistake. I have the following code for collapse now:

gen dm = yofd(date2)
format dm %ty
collapse rp rm, by(dm)

It has collapsed the data. However, as mentioned previously, It should collapse by year and by firm. At the moment, it is collapse only by year. Please help.
Regards

David

----- Original Message -----
From: Jan S <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:13:39 PM
Subject: RE: st: tscollap - converting monthly data to annual averages

Out of curiosity: how do you want to map monthly returns to annual returns with collapsing the sheet? As a side note: You may want to consider calculating annual returns for each month. That would give you the advantage of keeping your other data and analyze e.g. the possibility of a January-effect later on.

*