RE: st: adding spcial character(" ") in a string

From   tashi lama <ltashi32@hotmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: adding spcial character(" ") in a string
Date   Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:57:09 +0000

you are right. It actually works but the text are all over. I actually found another way of doing although I picked up half od Daniel's code. I pulled away myself from using daniel's code because I couldn't understand bottom half of his code esp the loops. And also, the macronames identical to varnames make it follow even difficult. Anyone willing to break down Daniel's loop will be highly appreciated. The code I used was..
gen text1=string(bar)+" "+string(foo)+`" ""'+foobar+`"""'
levelsof text1, local(text) clean
tsset foo
tsline bar, ttext(`text')