st: Saving the output from mm_matlist

From   Jan Schöps <>
Subject   st: Saving the output from mm_matlist
Date   Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:02:58 +0200

Dear Stata users,

I am currently working in Mata and have troubles re-formatting my
matrices in Mata (which I pulled from Stata after doing e.g. tabstat).
While I can change the formats in Stata as well as Mata for
displaying, I cannot save them permanently on the matrix I saved the
results in. For instance, I would like to have 2 digits after the
separator and always a 0 showing before the decimal (if I have e.g.
.57 I would like to have it as 0.57). For displaying this works well
with mm_matlist but I cannot figure it out how to save the results in
another matrix (which is allowed to be string). The only output I get
with the "save" option is long code I cannot use. Any suggestions?

I have to add that I am doing some custom-made matrices later on which
are being put out to LaTex. Thus the re-formatting.

Thanks in advance for any advice and best regards,