Re: st: policy simulation

From   Nick Winter <>
Subject   Re: st: policy simulation
Date   Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:56:06 -0400

. regress y X1 X2 i.ORT

. margins ORT

--Nick Winter
On 7/25/2012 10:12 AM, Dan Waldo wrote:
Maarten's observation from yesterday is quite correct.
But if you mis-spoke and you really want to look at the effect on your dependent variable of everybody having ORT=1, a clunky way to do this (assuming that X1 and X2 are uncorrelated with ORT) would be to use the predict command to generate the estimated y (say, y_hat) and then

. gen policy_effect =y_hat-(b1*x1 + b2*x2 + b3) [you'd pull the coefficients from the e(b) vector ]