st: Twoway quadratic prediction plots with CIs in a multivariate regression setting

From   Michael Ingenhaag <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Twoway quadratic prediction plots with CIs in a multivariate regression setting
Date   Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:30:26 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to construct quadratic prediction plots with Cis based on a multivariate regression, i.e. include additional regressors to the one on which the quadratic fit is based on.
Essentially, I want to run the following regression:

/reg y c.age c.age#c.age i.male i.country_ind/ /num_hh_children income/

I'd like to have the prediction of the age polynomial based on the above regression setting all other variables, respectively, to their base level (factor variables) or zero if continuous. Based on this prediction I need a plot similar to the one produced by /qfitci/.

The Stata command /qfitci/ does only allow for one regressor that is used to compute the quadratic prediction.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
Michael Ingenhaag
PhD Candidate and Assistant

Faculty of Business and Economics
Institute of Health Economics and Management (IEMS)
University of Lausanne
CH-1015 Lausanne

Phone:  (41) 021 692 3656
Fax:    (41) 021 692 3655