st: How to drop individuals from sample?

From   Dheepan Ratha Krishnan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to drop individuals from sample?
Date   Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:54:28 +1000

Hello all,

I am writing my dissertation on happiness adaptation to life events
(such as being fired or getting married) and am looking for a stata
command that will enable me to exclude individuals who have
experienced a particular life event more than once in my dataset. My
reason for doing this is so that I can analyse how individuals adapt
(in terms of happiness scores) to a life event at one particular time
within a specific sample period. For example, within a sample period
of 6 years, if individual A gets fired once and individual B gets
fired twice, how do I omit individual B and others like him from the
sample?

Dheepan Ratha