st: Factor variables and the -margins- command

From   Fabien Bertho <>
Subject   st: Factor variables and the -margins- command
Date   Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:11:47 +0200 (CEST)

I would have some questions about factor variables and the -margins- command.

If I am right the -i.- and -margins- commands were introduced in the Stata 11 version. However, I have access to 10th version only.

=> Concerning factor variables, does it exist an equivalent command to -i.- in Stata 10?

=> Then, I would like to compute discrete changes of some dummy variables in a tobit model.
- If I am right, it gives the following code in Stata 11 (after using the i. for dummies):

-margins add_quar_1 add_quar_2 add_quar_3 add_quar_4, atmeans-

- Same question: are there equivalent commands in Stata 10 -- by using mfx, for instance?

In advance, thank you for your help

Tous les courriers électroniques émis depuis la messagerie
de Sciences Po doivent respecter des conditions d'usages.
Pour les consulter rendez-vous sur