Re: st: Tobit model using GLLAMM

Subject   Re: st: Tobit model using GLLAMM
Date   Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:11:00 +0200

--- Maarten Buis

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Spriensma, A.S. wrote:
> Since the GLLAMM manual doesn't provide an option for a 'scaled Logit' link, is there any other way to obtain it?

I said you probably could, but it that only referred to a theoretical
possibility. In practice you would need to first derive the entire
model (remember this is _not_ only a matter of changing the link
function of the selection part) and than you'll probably need to write
the program yourself. It is possible, as Stata is highly programmable,
but in this case I think it would be more work than it is worth.
Especially as you probably would not have the odds ratio
interpretation due to the scaling.

Sorry,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis