Re: st: Why is Mata much slower than MATLAB at matrix inversion?

From   Patrick Roland <patrick.rolande@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Why is Mata much slower than MATLAB at matrix inversion?
Date   Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:29:39 -0700

I'm not quite sure how experience is relevant when comparing something
simple like matrix multiplication across platforms. Presumably
experienced users in Mata and inexperienced users in MATLAB would find
the same discrepancies in runtime.