Re: st: RE: drop variables in panel data with loop

From   Lisa Wang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: drop variables in panel data with loop
Date   Mon, 23 Jul 2012 23:43:45 +1000

Hi Nick,

Thank you for looking into my problem. Much appreciated.

I tried your suggestion of using -bysort i (r) : drop if
missing(r[_N])- but it dropped all my observations, so I am left with
zero observations now after that line is run by Stata.

I don't know why; could it be that it's not declared as panel data but
I do have -xtset i t - at the start already.

Would you mind if I send you a partial part of my data set and do-file
to have a look? I would like to know how to solve this as dropping
observations in panel data I am sure I will need to do it on another
project.

Many thanks,
Lisa