Re: st: Regression loops with value restrictions

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Regression loops with value restrictions
Date   Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:18:28 +0200

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM, David Juarez  wrote:
> I'm trying to run a regression loop that has an "if" restriction in each run.  The most recent way I've tried to run this regression has been:
> local var $scores
> foreach Y of varlist `var'{
> foreach score of varlist `Y'{
> if `score' >=-100 & `score' <=8000
> reg `Y' avgvpw bbbsreqnum
>  }
> }

Compare -help ifcmd- (what you did) with -help if- (what you should have done).

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen