graphing results from multilevel model [Was: Re: st: Thread-index: AQHNYz]

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   graphing results from multilevel model [Was: Re: st: Thread-index: AQHNYz]
Date   Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:14:58 +0200

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Brendan Churchill wrote:
> What is the best way to graph results from a multilevel model in Stata? I’ve tried the *predict* command but because I am using binaries and centred variables when I try to produce a graph – it looks a total mess. I have tried graphing by generating a variable made up of the coefficients, which yields better results (or rather better looking results) but when I add in binary variable coefficients or categorical coefficients again I have similar issues.
> Any advice? Or do you need more information?

Yes, we need a lot more information. From this question it is really
hard to determine what you are trying to achieve, what you did exactly
(which multi-level model, which graph command, etc. etc.), and what
you consider a "total mess". So that makes this question virtually
impossible to answer. You might want to look into -marginsplot-, or
rephrase the question.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie