Re: st: Difference in dates

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Difference in dates
Date   Sun, 15 Jul 2012 21:44:58 +0100

Evidently if the dates are really the same, the result of calculating
the difference should be 0.

So this question is immediately bounced back to you: what are your
grounds for your contradictory statement? What makes you say these two

Note that either or both being assigned a daily date format is purely
a cosmetic matter, as that just affects what is displayed, and is only
indirectly related to what the value _is_, meaning _is stored as_.
Otherwise put, non-integers will display as if they were (integer)
dates if assigned a daily date format.

. di %td mdy(7,15,2012) + 0.5

. di %td mdy(7,15,2012) + 0.6

. di %td mdy(7,15,2012) + 0.9

. di %td mdy(7,15,2012) + 1

You should look at the date variables using a non-date display format.
Presumably at least one has been calculated incorrectly at some
previous point.