st: Getting Started with ineqdeco

From   mkobren1@comcast.net
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Getting Started with ineqdeco
Date   Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:06:36 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I'm a newbie and statistics is not my long suit to say the least. I have approximately 250 communities and I want to give each one a gini coefficient that indicates the degree of income inequality prevailing there. For each community I have median income for each quintile. It appears that I have to use ineqdeco, which I have installed on my computer. After looking at the material on line, I'm not even sure where to start. I'm guessing that I have to create a single variable for each community that includes this data, but I'm not sure. Can anybody provide a "ineqdeco for dummies" description of exactly what I need to do?

Marty