RE: st: Predicting survival at a specific time following generalized gamma regression

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Predicting survival at a specific time following generalized gamma regression
Date   Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:05:50 -0500

Thanks Steve - I was not familiar with -predictnl- I suspected there had to be an easier way!

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Steve Samuels
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:01 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Predicting survival at a specific time following generalized gamma regression

Instead of

*******************
predict t_surv, surv
********************

try
predictnl t_surv = predict(surv),  ///
se(se_surv) ci(low_surv up_surv)

Steve
[email protected]

On Jul 11, 2012, at 7:24 AM, Thomas Inns wrote:

Hello,

If someone could kindly take the time to help me I'd be very appreciative. I'm try to predict the probability of survival at one year following infection.
I'm using a parametric survival model with a generalized gamma distribution and an accelerated failure-time metric (streg, distribution(gamma) time).

I have used the streg postestimation command "predict, surv", but I can't work out how to put a confidence interval around my predicted survival probability at one year following infection. Is this possible? And if so, do you know how I might do this?

Below is my code, inspired by Bobby Gutierrez's post at http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-12/msg00647.html.

Thanks,
Thomas Inns

*************CODE BEGINS*************
streg i.ribolog i.gender i.agetri i.year i.ftbin##i.trustapp, d(gamma) time

****predict conditional survivor function (probability of survival past time t)
****(time t = 1 year)
*prediction at t = 365.25
gen tt = 365.25

*keep old _t
gen t_old = _t

*put in _t you want to use for prediction
replace _t = tt

*predict surival past time _t (one year)
predict t_surv, surv

label var t_surv "gamma prediction"

*summarise these predictions
summ t_surv, detail

The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person without the express authority of the HPA, or the intended recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept for computer viruses by Symantec.Cloud, but please re-sweep any attachments before opening or saving. HTTP://www.HPA.org.uk