st: Path analysis & SEM

From   Kate Xu <man.k.xu@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Path analysis & SEM
Date   Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:47:55 +0100

Dear listers,

I am new to STATA and would like to explore the possibility of path
analysis modelling. I understand that STATA 12 has a SEM inbult
package that models SEM (latent variable with measurement errors) and
path analysis (only using scale scores, not latent variables) for
continuous outcomes. I'd like to ask if there is possibility to model:

1. Path analysis or SEM for categorical outcomes (binary, ordinal, count, etc)?
2. Path analysis or SEM for multilevel data?
2. Path analysis or SEM for multilevel data that are categorical
(binary, ordinal, count, etc)?

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes,

Kate