st: STATA multilevel modelling

From   Kate Xu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: STATA multilevel modelling
Date   Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:12:33 +0100

Dear STATA listers,

I am new to STATA and I would like to check a few things about the
possibility under STATA to model multilevel data with sampling
weights. I am mainly interested  inoutcomes that are continuous,
categorical, and count. So basically multilevel models for linear,
poisson, logistic, ordinal and multinomial regressions with random
intercepts and random slopes.

1. Sampling weight. It seems that the xtmixed can model continuous
outcomes with possibility of controlling for sampling weight, but not
for xtmelogit (logistic) and xtmepoisson (poisson)?

2. Is it possible to use multilevel model for ordinal and multinomial
data under STATA, with the weighting taken into account?

3. What is the difference of these STATA based commands and GLLAMM? I
understand that GLLAMM is a user written package of STATA that can
also model multilevel data. What is the advantage of it. And is GLLAMM
able to model the ordinal and count data with random slopes and
weighting?

Thanks!

Best wishes,

Kate