Re: st: forecasting demographic indicators using stata

From   Oliver Jones <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: forecasting demographic indicators using stata
Date   Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:13:12 +0200

To clarify:

a) you already have data on mortality, fertility and migration, and

b) you want to load these data into Stata and then "press a button" to get the population forecasts.

If this describes the situation, then I don't know if there are user written programs that do what you want. But I am no expert... others might know about such a program.

Why don't you calculate the forecasts on your own using the tool Stata provides for time series forecasting?

Best luck
Oliver