Re: st: Can the viewer window be rendered by Firefox instead? And other speech recognition tips

Subject   Re: st: Can the viewer window be rendered by Firefox instead? And other speech recognition tips
Date   Mon, 9 Jul 2012 11:30:16 +0200

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 5:12 PM, pawstats-pats@yahoo.com  wrote:
> It is particularly challenging to navigate the viewer window in Stata using speech recognition, e.g., to navigate the help screens on various commands. Because the viewer window looks and behaves very much like a browsing window with hyperlinks, etc., I am wondering if anybody is aware of a way to have this window navigated via Firefox instead.

The help-files are online, see:
http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?<command_name>, e.g.
<http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?regress>.

Note that the Statalist FAQ (see link at the bottom of every post on
Statalist) asks you to use real names:

"It is long-standing practice on Statalist that most members,
especially the most active members who supply a large fraction of the
answers, post using their real names. This is one of the ways in which
we show respect to others. So we discourage you from posting from
behind fake names or identifiers. [...] Please note that many members
are less inclined to answer anonymous emails, sometimes to the point
of ignoring them on principle. These choices are personal, but your
chances of eliciting a good reply are greatly diminished if you write
and conceal your identity."

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie