Re: st: RE: -tabplot- and number of options limit

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: -tabplot- and number of options limit
Date   Sun, 8 Jul 2012 18:57:15 +0100

What bites is not your -tabplot- syntax, or so I imagine, but what it
implies. The way that -separate()- works is that a separate call to
-twoway rbar- is set up for each distinct colour and each of those is
associated with several options. Clearly I didn't try to see what the
limit really was and my implication in the help that you can have  up
to 20 distinct colours is unduly optimistic. My guess is that what
fails is the final call to -twoway-: in essence -tabplot- is just a
busy helper setting up the stage before the drama is enacted by
-twoway-, but the -twoway- syntax implied by -tabplot- can be too much
for -twoway- to handle.

Nick .