Re: st: right-skewed proportion data

From   David Hoaglin <>
Subject   Re: st: right-skewed proportion data
Date   Sat, 7 Jul 2012 08:57:05 -0400

If you are modeling the dependent variable, why does its
right-skewness matter?  Much of the apparent right-skewness may be due
to effects of predictors in your model.

The distribution that your model uses for the individual proportions
does matter.  Nick makes a good point about continuous proportions,
but your proportions are likely to be binomial, with variation in both
p and n.

David Hoaglin