Re: st: right-skewed proportion data

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: right-skewed proportion data
Date   Sat, 7 Jul 2012 11:38:09 +0200

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Jörg Eulenberger wrote:
> i have a problem with right-skewed dependvariable. The range of
> this variable are 0-1 (proportion data 0%-100%). The Distribution looks like poisson, but the values are not discret.
> I created the dependvariable by counting the missings (item-non-responce) row wise. Then i
> standardize this variable by the number of  all possible variables
> (automatic filtering causes different count of vars).

There are several possibilties:

- Add the raw count and number of possible variables to -gologit-.
- -betafit- will deal with skewed variables
- -glm- with -link(logit)- and -vce(robust)- does not care about skew

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen