st: change the format of the pseudo log-likelihood in gb2fit

From   <>
To   <>
Subject   st: change the format of the pseudo log-likelihood in gb2fit
Date   Fri, 6 Jul 2012 09:49:26 +0100

I don't think it's possible to get what you want.

Stata doesn't provide the pseudo-LL after -svy- estimation of any kind.

To see this,

	sysuse auto
	svyset, srs
	svy: logit foreign // NB no pseudo-LL reported in estimates
	ereturn list

There are likely good reasons for Stata's behaviour. (I'm away and don't
have access to other references on this topic.)

Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 20:22:30 +0200
From: Lucia Latino <>
Subject: st: change the format of the pseudo log-likelihood in gb2fit

Dear Statalist,

After running - gb2fit - smfit - lognfit - Stata reports the pseudo
log-likelihood with the scientific notation, but I want to view the
full likelihood.
Usually, I can obtain the full log-likelihood by using - display e(ll) -

However, I need to add the option svy for the estimation (e.g. -
gb2fit dec, stats cdf(gb2cdf) pdf(gb2pdf) svy - ) and after adding the
option 'svy', Stata doesn't store anymore the pseudo log-likelihood in

Is there any way to do change the format of the pseudo log-likelihood
in the iterations or a way to obtain it after the estimation?

I hope someone can help me.

Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <>
Department of Social Policy
Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, U.K.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7955 6527
Changing Fortunes: Income Mobility and Poverty Dynamics in Britain, OUP
Survival Analysis using Stata:
Downloadable papers and software: