Re: st: R squared after mi estimate: svy: regress?

From (Wes Eddings, StataCorp LP)
Subject   Re: st: R squared after mi estimate: svy: regress?
Date   Thu, 05 Jul 2012 17:19:35 -0500

Jennifer Braga ( asked about obtaining R-squared and
contingency tables from multiply-imputed survey data:

> Thus, for my regression equation I use mi estimate: svy: regress.  How do I
> generate R squared? I tried mibeta and noisily and wasn't able to generate the
> statistic.

> Also, I find I cannot use mi estimate: svy: tab for my nominal and ordinal
> level variables.  I want to create a table of descriptive statistics that uses
> the multiply imputed data so that it is aligned with the following regression
> analysis that uses imputed data.

The -mi estimate- command does not support contingency tables or R-squared.
(-mibeta- is an unofficial command that reports R-squared but doesn't support
survey data.)  Jennifer may, however, combine the R-squared values manually.  A
method is outlined in the section on "Combining point estimates only" in the
following FAQ: