RE: st: FW: How to keep only firms that have at least two consecutive years of data

From   umut senalp <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: FW: How to keep only firms that have at least two consecutive years of data
Date   Thu, 5 Jul 2012 17:56:02 +0300

Dear Anees,
Thank you for your reply, the thing is, all firms have 9 consecutive years of observation for the 5 variables but with missing. What I am trying to do is to keep only firms have observation for all the variables and have it at least two consecutive years. When I follow this
 xtset id year
> bys id: gen nyear=[_N]
> keep if nyear>1 ,         this does not drop any observation at all, since all id's have 9 years data for the variables.
Thanks,
Umut