Re: st: Mergining horozontally excel files under a particular patern

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Mergining horozontally excel files under a particular patern
Date   Wed, 4 Jul 2012 16:47:16 +0200

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM, sabbas gidarokostas wrote:
> unrecognized command:  import
> r(199);

This probably means that you are not using the latest version of
Stata. This is OK, but in that case you must, per the Statalist FAQ,
which you were asked to read before posting on the Statalist, tell us
beforehand which version you are using.

The logic is straightforward: if you do not tell us which version you
are using than we must make an assumption. The convention on Statalist
(again see the Statalist FAQ) is that you use the latest version if
you tell us nothing. By not telling us which version of Stata you used
you wasted a lot of your time and a lot of our time.

As penance I suggest you hand-copy the entire FAQ three times (or at
least read it)

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie