st: How to plot progression over time for individual cases/IDs

From   Sofia Ramiro <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: How to plot progression over time for individual cases/IDs
Date   Mon, 2 Jul 2012 13:20:42 +0100

Dear all,

I want to plot the progression of a variable over time. I have assessments from 7 time points and from 192 patients.
I would like to have a plot with individual progression in each patient
 (and if it gets too crowded and complicated to see a patttern, then I
will stratify and for example have one graph for males and one for
females, etc).
My problem is that I don't manage to identify the
 individual patient lines as they all come up with the same colour.
Syntax used: graph twoway line fnmisi2totalmsassst  timepoint

Alternatively I also tried:
graph twoway line fnmisi2totalmsassst timepoint if favtotalmsasssnmist==1, by(ov001)
But then I get a figure with 192 graphs, and in each of them one
patient is plotted (I would rather have all of them in the same graph
with different line colours, for comparison purposes)

Any possibility to have one line per patient (one different colour) and
have the legend with the colour referring to each patient?
Can anyone help me?

thanks!

Best wishes,
Sofia