st: negative variance components and xtmixed

From   Jordan Silberman <>
Subject   st: negative variance components and xtmixed
Date   Sat, 30 Jun 2012 12:59:16 -0400

Can anyone tell me if xtmixed allows variance components to be negative? Is
there an option I must specify after xtmixed that will cause xtmixed to
allow negative variance components?