Re: st: Tin()

Subject   Re: st: Tin()
Date   Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:41:46 -0400

I advise you to read Section 3 of the FAQ and repost

Steve
sjsamuels@gmail.com

On Jun 29, 2012, at 2:03 PM, Autria Christensen wrote:

Hello statalisters!

I am wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to use a scalar or loop within tin(). Basically I'm trying to do out of sample forecasts (quarterly data) but each quarter I need to use a new number of parameters and parameter estimates based on updated AICs. So I'd really like to have:

reg y l(0/AIC_LAG).y if tin(start_dt, end_dt)
Predict yhat if tin(fcast_dt1, fcast_

I'm able to generate the regressions just can't get the tin operator to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have a good weekend!

Autria Christensen
Autria.christensen@gmail.com