st: import yahoo finance dataset into stata directly

From   tashi lama <>
To   <>
Subject   st: import yahoo finance dataset into stata directly
Date   Wed, 27 Jun 2012 21:43:40 +0000

hello all,

   I am sure this question has been addressed already in the past even though I didn't find it while googling. The question is importing dataset directly into stata from yahoo finance site. From what I experienced, I need to load and save dataset into excel before using stata's import command to bring into stata. There is gotta be a way to import directly into stata.

   I installed user written stockquote and tried to import. Well, it does import yahoo finance dataset nicely except that the numbers don't match. Any idea?