Re: st: Program syntax for svy bootstrap or bs4rw

From   Mark McGovern <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Program syntax for svy bootstrap or bs4rw
Date   Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:45:21 -0400

Thank you Steve and Stas for your suggestions. For now I can work with
bs4rw, although at some point I think I might need to use some of the
functionality of svy, so I may have to return to this in the future.

As you pointed out Steve, from the Stata 12 programming manual (p.326):

1. Command must be eclass and allow iweights and accept the standard
estimation syntax.
2. Command must save the model coefficients and ancillary parameters
in e(b) and the estimation sample size in e(N), and it must identify
the estimation subsample in e(sample);
3. svy’s vce(bootstrap), vce(brr), and vce(sdr) require that command
have svyb as a property.

I thought these were satisfied as the original code below does return
results in e() in the usual way from "regress". For example,
specifically overwriting e() does not help as in the below.

Regards,

Mark

webuse nmihs_bs, clear
svyset _n [pweight=finwgt], bsrweight(bsrw1-bsrw5) vce(bootstrap)
singleunit(missing)

capture program drop test1
program define test1, eclass properties(svyb)
syntax [if] [in] [pw iw]
marksample touse
tempvar b V
qui xi:reg age race [`weight'`exp'] if `touse'
capture drop re1
predict re1
qui xi:reg birthwgt re1 [`weight'`exp'] if `touse'
local nobs = e(N)
matrix `b' = e(b)
matrix `V' = e(V)
ereturn post `b' `V', esample(`touse')