st: Paramertric survival analysis: shared frailty

From   Victoria Allan <mt11va@leeds.ac.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Paramertric survival analysis: shared frailty
Date   Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:48:50 +0100

I conducting a survival analysis and wish to model hospital-level effects. Using "stcox", there is an option to estimate the random effects "effect(nu)", however this option is not allowed with the "streg" command for parametric survival analysis. I wish to know if there is an option equivalent to "effects(nu)" that can be used with "streg", or alternatively how else I can get an estimate the random effects?

Kind Regards

Victoria Allan