Re: st: Convergence never achieved with MI impute chained

Subject   Re: st: Convergence never achieved with MI impute chained
Date   Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:04:54 +0200

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Lena Lindbjerg Sperling wrote:
>> It does seem though that all occupations are represented in both private and public sectors.
>> And I also have another data set where I only impute educational level, industry (ISIC 3 category) and wage and I still get not convergence, even though that's just one mlogit, one ologit and one pmm...so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

The problem is not the number of variables but the number of
categories within each (categorical or ordered) variable. Industry
seems to me a prime candidate for the problem variable: I hope you are
using only the first digit of the ISIC classification. If you use the
second digit you will end up with way too many categories, especially
given your sample size. Using the third digit will be completely
hopeless.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis