st: margins after split-plot anova

From   Luca Campanelli <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: margins after split-plot anova
Date   Thu, 21 Jun 2012 01:19:24 +0100 (BST)

Dear Stata users,
unfortunately I can’t get margins work after anova.

My model includes a between subject factor (group), a continuous covariate (IQ), and a within subject factor (label):
anova depvar c.IQ  group / id|group label  label#group  label#c.IQ ,  repeated (label)

The command: margins group
gives no results (not estimable)

The command (suggested elsewhere): margins group, asbalanced emptycells(reweight)
gives no results (not estimable)

The command: margins group, asbalanced emptycells(reweight) noestimcheck
gives results, but they are clearly unreliable; I mean, they are clearly wrong given the empirical data that I know.

The command: margins group,  noestimcheck
gives results, but, as above, results are wrong (and slightly different from the previous command).

If I exclude the continuous covariate (IQ) from the anova model, margins works correctly. But I’d like to keep the continuous covariate in the model.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.