st: Randomly change a date in Stata

From   Tim Evans <Tim.Evans@wmciu.nhs.uk>
Subject   st: Randomly change a date in Stata
Date   Tue, 19 Jun 2012 10:58:28 +0100

Hi all,

I have dates of birth which for the purpose of anonymity in a dataset, I wish to generate a new 'annoynmised date of birth' whereby for a list of dates, I randomly add or subtract up to 5 days and generate the new date. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I might do this in Stata?

I'm using Stata 11.2 and the dates are in date format (i.e. not strings).

Best wishes

Tim
_DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.