st: Economic significance

From   FredVer <frederiqueverblakt@hotmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Economic significance
Date   Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:06:26 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I have a question about the economic significance of a variety of variables
on a variety on dependent variables. I thought that the economic
significance is calculated as:

(standard deviation indepent variable*coefficient indep variable)/standard
deviation dependent variable. The standard deviations can be interpreted
from the summary statistics right?

The thing i think interpretation differs when the variable of itself is
ratio or logged, right? How to interpret it than? It is really hard to find
on the net (also only one thread on statlist) how economic significance must
be calculated. Some also say that you must not use a one standard deviation
but a one percent?!:S