Re: st: Invbinomial function

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Invbinomial function
Date   Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:05:26 +0200

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 9:11 AM, anna wrote:
> I'd like to know if and how I can access
> the invbinomial.ado  file.

The -invbinomial()- function is build in, that is, part of the
compiled C-code, so there is no invinomial.ado file. As a consequence,
you cannot access it.

For commands you can find out whether a command is build-in or via an
.ado file by typing in Stata -which <cmd_name>-, e.g. -which generate-
or -which logit-. This won't work for -invbinomial()- as it is (in
Stata-speak) not a command but a function, and all functions are
build-in. (exceptions being the "pseudo-functions" that are part of

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen