Re: RE: st: predetermined variables with xtabond2

From   "Justina Fischer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: RE: st: predetermined variables with xtabond2
Date   Sat, 16 Jun 2012 19:16:41 +0200

Dear Soren,

the quote says that why x is an instrument for y, D.x is not a valid instrument for D.y.

I think you have to a) understand better the model (exogenous, endogenous factors) you will estimate better and b) know what GMM is doing, what kind of transformation it does to the regression model 'you typed in for Stata'.

Is the estimator for the original equation (a) calculated  or does the programm estimate some transformation of it (that affects the validity of x, and hence the model you have to specify in (a))?

best

Justina

on: "Søren Møller-Larsson" <[email protected]>