Re: st: regression where independant var with gaps

From   solafem7@yahoo.co.uk
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: regression where independant var with gaps
Date   Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:26:10 +0000

I think the question should not be if you can run it. Sure, you can run it . But the question should be if you will be able to make reasonable prediction or policy out of the results. I doubt that!
Sola

-----Original Message-----
From: tashi lama <ltashi32@hotmail.com>
Sender: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:54:56
To: <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject: st: regression where independant var with gaps

Hello all,

   I have a univariate time series with gaps like following

date                      hits

01/01/2011                40

01/02/2011                20

01/03/2011                9

01/06/2011                6

01/10/2011                2

Can I run a regression since the my independant vars have gaps?

Thanx always,

Tashi