Re: st: RE: Insheet Command Problem

From   Davia Downey <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Insheet Command Problem
Date   Fri, 15 Jun 2012 00:21:28 +0000

Sarah and Kieran,

I use Stata IC 10.1 and I've downloaded large files into the program
before. The file is from the VRDC at Cornell which warehouses Census
economic and job data for each state. The file is about 1.2 GB,. There's
another file I was trying to use which was smaller but it turned out that
it didn't have all the years I needed.

Here are my steps that I've been using to read the file in:

cd "Users/daviadowney/Downloads/

. set memory 2g
(2097152k)

. insheet using
"/Users/daviadowney/Downloads/qwi_la_se_county_naics3_all.csv", comma

This time everything worked ok and it was read in without any problems. I
think I must have not had enough assigned to memory, or my re-download and
unzip of the original file fixed the problem.

I am a little STATA challenged if you couldn't tell I was taught on SPSS
and know a little R, but I need to use STATA for a Fixed Effect regression
which SPSS doesn't have.

Thanks again for you patience and suggestions!

Davia Cox Downey
Assistant Professor of Public Administration
School of Public, Nonprofit &
Health Administration
Grand Valley State University

242C DeVos Center
401 West Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, MI  49504Email: [email protected]