st: RE: Combining multiple observations by an ID variable

From   "Swanquist, Quinn Thomas" <qswanqui@utk.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Combining multiple observations by an ID variable
Date   Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:16:11 +0000

Do you have an identifier for visit number (if not you could use date).

Sort as follows:

sort IDcode visit

then merge many to one as follows:

merge m:1 IDcode using "usingfile"