st: documentation on iteration for a non linear regression

From   tashi lama <ltashi32@hotmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: documentation on iteration for a non linear regression
Date   Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:09:20 +0000

Hello,

    Is there a documentation in Stata which tells how iteration for a non linear regression is done? I am having trouble with initializing the parameters. I am hoping I will have a better idea to initialize the parameters if I understand the iteration process. Also, when I run a non linear regression model, the values of the estimated parameters aren't returned. Isn't it a choke?

Thanx,

Tashi